The 6:I Shelter has six sides, and sleeps up to four people. Lightweight and robust, it is designed to be pitched with two trekking poles (not included) joined with the optional Pole Union™. Alternatively, a telescoping tarp pole can be used.
These components can also be used to make a 5:I shelter, with five sides and sleeping one person
The Elements form the sides of a Modular Shelter. Each Element has a zip along each edge of the roof, to attach other Elements. The zips also can be used as doors, to enter or exit the shelter. The Elements can be separately used as lightweight wind shelters, or extra Elements can be inserted to increase the size of the shelter.
The 6:I and 5:I Shelters also features sidewalls, which can attach to adjacent sidewalls using hook and loop tape. Removable sidewall poles are included. By using the sidewalls in different configurations, a Modular Shelter can be pitched in four different ways, to suit the local conditions.
Each Element includes an adjustable rainproof side vent with insect mesh. The aluminium props can be removed if desired to save weight. At the top, the Rain Ceiling™ seals rain out and provides high level ventilation.
- Six sided modular shelter, irregular shape, sleeping up to three people, or
- Five sided modular shelter, irregular shape, sleeping one person
- Elements can be separated to be carried or used separately as open shelters
- Sidewalls can be used to make shelter taller, or as snow flaps or ground flaps
- Additional elements (not included) can be added to make a lower, larger shelter
- Low and high level ventilation
- Pole not included – use two telescoping trekking poles with the optional Pole Union™, or a telescoping tarp pole
40D Ripstop nylon, Silicone coated both sides, minimum 2,000 mm hydrostatic head
|Typical min. weight||1430 g||1770 g|
|Floor Area||3.4 m2||5.3 m2|
|Sitting area with sidewalls||1.7 m2||2.3 m2|
|Height with sidewalls||2.1 m||1.9 m|
|Height without sidewalls||1.7 m||1.5 m|